Irvine-based online real estate marketplace Auction.com announced this morning that it has raised $50M in a funding round from Google Capital. According to Auction.com, Google Capital will also add a representative to the company's board of directors, and also gain an observer seat. Auction.com said the investment values the company at $1.2 billion. Auctino.com, which was founded by Jeff Frieden, operates an online real estate marketplace focused on the commercial real estate market. The company says it now has over 900 employees, and had over $7 billion in commercial and residential real estate traded through its marketplace in 2013. More information »
Top NewsWednesday, March 5, 2014
Auction.com Raises $50M From Google At $1.2 Billion Valuation
- Newest Billion Dollar SoCal Startup: Auction.com
- Snapchat Seeks More Funding At Up To $3.6 Billion Valuation
- Southern California's Billion Dollar Startup Trio: SpaceX, Snapchat, Beats
- Auction.com Snags CFO From SuccessFactors
- Insights and Opinions: Valuation optimization vs maximization - what's the goal?