The inventor of the technology behind Bitcoin -- Satoshi Nakamoto -- has been found living near Los Angeles, near San Bernadino, according to a report in the new Newsweek. Nakamoto has apparently been trying to keep a low profile, denies any connection with Bitcoin, and has apparently left an estimated $400M in Bitcoin he owns untouched. According to the report, Nakamoto -- who actually is named Satoshi Nakamoto, despite widespread reports that the name was a pseudonym of an anonymous Japanese inventor--is an 64-year old Japanese American engineer who has worked for Hughes, L-3, Quotron, and elsewhere.
Top NewsThursday, March 6, 2014
Bitcoin Inventor Found Living In LA, Says Report
- Alleged Bitcoin Inventor Chased By Press Through San Gabriel Valley
- San Gabriel Valley: Bitcoin Creator Not The Only Inventor In Town
- Alleged Bitcoin Creator Hires Lawyer, Issues Denial
- Tech Investor Pierce Makes Offer For Mt. Gox
- Insights: The Sky is Not Falling: Reflections on My 16 Months in Bitcoin