Hawthore-based SpaceX successfully launched its mission for THAICOM Monday afternoon, to put the THAICOM 6 communications satellite into geosynchronous orbit. The launch occurred at 17:06 Eastern Time on Monday from Cape Canaveral. The mission is the second GTO orbit mission for SpaceX. The first, GTO orbit mission for SpaceX came in December, and is another new chapter in the remarkable success SpaceX has had in developing a commercial rocket firm from scratch. The company--backed by tech mogul Elon Musk--apparently has a large number of geosstationary launch contracts in its backlog.
Top NewsMonday, January 6, 2014
SpaceX Successfully Launches THAICOM Mission
- SpaceX Plans Second Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit Mission Today
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Mission, Nails First Stage Landing
- SpaceX's Falcon 9 Launches Successfully On Satellite Mission
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon 9 Into Space, Again
- SpaceX Falcon Lifts Off Successfully In Second Resupply Mission