Los Angeles looks to be the center of the mobile-phone enabled, personal services market, as Wash.io--a new startup--announced today that it has raised $2.25M in a seed funding round. Wash.io offers up a smartphone app-driven service which schedules laundry pickup and delivery ala Uber. The funding came from Sherpa Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures, Three Six Zero Group, Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, and a long list of other angel investors. The company is not the first smartphone-meets-laundry startup in Los Angeles--that honor goes to Naki Laundry. Wash.io currently offers up its laundry service in Los Angeles and San Francisco, and contracts out to third party laundry facilities for the actual laundry service. More information »
Top NewsTuesday, January 14, 2014
Washio Gets $2.25M For Laundry Pickup, Delivery
- Washio Adds $10.5M For Laundry Pickup and Delivery Via Smartphone
- Naki Laundry Expands Into San Jose, Eyes San Francisco
- Naki Laundry Debuts In Santa Monica With Tech Friendly Laundry Service
- Naki Laundry Offers Up Deal In Launch Of Smartphone Laundry Service
- Insights: In Sales or Marketing? Throw Out The Laundry List!